For those who are not satisfied with the way they have planned their retirement, it is important to find other means to invest and save money. Other than the traditional IRA or maybe a ROTH IRA –you can consider setting up a checkbook IRA as your retirement account. It is also known as a checkbook self directed IRA. Owners will be able to choose which type of investments they can choose from, as alternatives to their normal paper currency accounts.
Alternative Investments To Choose From When You Set Up Checkbook IRA
There are several types of alternative investments that you can venture into using your self-directed IRA checkbook control. Below is a list of investment options that you can choose from when you set up Checkbook IRA:
- Private businesses such as a coffee shop, convenience stores, construction companies or maybe a resort
- Tax Liens, Deeds
- Stocks, bonds and mutual funds
- Residential and commercial properties and real estate such as:
- Apartment buildings
- Condominium units
- Gold and precious metals
- Local and most foreign currencies
- Private loans, mortgages and mortgage pools
- Raw or undeveloped land
- Foreclosure properties
- Limited Liability Partnerships, as well as companies
- Private placements
Benefits Of IRA Owners When They Set Up Checkbook IRA
Owners have the power to set up Checkbook IRA to ensure financial stability in the future. Below are the benefits that you and other Checkbook control IRA owners will be able to take advantage of:
- A Checkbook self directed IRA will help decrease the amount of IRA custodian fees and charges, since owners have the power or control to make investment decisions of their own. Self directed IRA custodians, however, will have a more passive role instead of playing an active part on managing the SD IRA owner’s retirement funds.
- The Checkbook control or checkbook self directed IRA will provide you with the power over your assets, your own IRA and investments. All you need to do is to write a check linked to your IRA to pay for the property or whichever investment alternative you have chosen to acquire.
By setting up a checkbook IRA, you will now have the ability to purchase, acquire and accumulate assets based on your own decisions. And since you can use your retirement at will, you can now enjoy the freedom of ensuring that your retirement years will be spent in complete financial freedom.
- IRA LLC Checkbook
- Open Self Directed IRA
- Self directed Checkbook IRA LLC
- Self Directed IRA accounts
- Self Directed IRA Investing